Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday, June 11 - Getting Ready to Go!

After 3 months of preparation, the day is finally here and I'm still incredulous. Passports acquired, immunizations done, Malaria tablet schedule in full swing, and all other major boxes checked. As Matthew and I pack our last little items into our backpacks and luggage, I look at him in disbelief. My mind scans from his premature birth 13 years ago when he could have slept in a small shoe box to just yesterday when I bought him a size 10.5 shoe. I know I'll feel a little safer traveling with this young man whom I once was so crazy about keeping safe. It also finally hits me that we're leaving Doug, Joey, Mark and the USA behind for 10 plus days and it's surreal. I have a peaceful calm about it, not as nervous as I thought I'd be.

My prayers to the God our Heavenly Father have been to prepare my heart and mind for what he has in store for me.

Thirty-two Bridge to Cross entourage members met up at the airport, everyone with their Bridge to Cross polo's on - the athletes from Dave Woeste Soccer School looking official and cool at the same time. I couldn't help but wonder where their minds were at and try to anticipate where their hearts will be in just over a week. I believe we are all in for the change of heart of a lifetime, the scope and depth of which we cannot fathom.

Now to get on the plane - I loathe flying - terrified actually. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment